Friday, May 18, 2012

DON JAZZY: Now let’s talk about MAVIN - Part 2

Now let’s talk about MAVIN what is special about it and what are we expecting?
Basically, I will say that we have all seen that situations can change like the way people perceived you, the way people accept your music, the way people talk about you and whatever. So, we  know now that we need to do all work harder, gather more momentum to create more music and stuffs  so everybody is basically gingered, everybody is more fired up now to work and we don’t see anything stopping us  as we are basically just going to put  all our energy. Now in MAVIN Records everybody is concentrating on the work and we intend to put out as much as many tracks and albums as possible. Trust me, I’m going to flood the market.
What I thought is perhaps MAVIN will introduce one artiste, one album but you are coming out with a collective album?
It’s not like it’s a group. You can tell everybody here is an individual artiste and successful on his or her own.  I must say everybody have at least one to three singles already in the past so we basically just want to bring them out.  I didn’t take part in this album I only produced the album. We were like this is Mavin Records everybody, please meet us; this is what we are for now.  Individual album is going to follow any moment from now and  there is no time to wait at all .
(Cut in) There no single before the release of this album?
No, there is no self formula at the moment so like I said I don’t really like to give people that publicity stunts of he his coming or anticipating. When you see it, you see it, when you see it, you take it.
Will Don Jazzy be a sole artiste on MAVIN Records or an in- house producer and  the CEO?
I’m not going to say I’m never going to be an artiste but I don’t see it any time soon.
Who are you looking up to as the cash cow?
Everybody. Basically, the record label is not built in a way one person supposed to be the leader.  Everybody is giving equal opportunity to grow and it all depends on how the crowd sees you. People have their opinions about what they like and stuffs like that so how you appeal to your fans will determine how they take you but we intend to put more push and more backing into everybody even the new people that we will add tomorrow.
There were so many insinuations about life in MO’HITS, that life was regimented such that when someone talks others keep quiet, how democratic is MAVIN going to be this time around?
A lot of stuffs that you guys have heard about MO’HIT Records trust me, they are really wrong, but I wouldn’t  talk about MO’HIT Records because we are talking about MAVIN Records  and moving forward now and I will say we would try as much as possible to communicate a lot of the truth to you guys  before people insinuate all sorts of stuff like in the last three months  I have seen different kinds of interviews and blogs and whatever that people have  written and they say that they spoke to me.
Like I was reading a blog the other day and I saw Exclusive Phone Interview by Don Jazzy bla bla bla and they wrote like a full conversation. The person said this and I said this and that I said this and the truth is I have not had such interview with anyone. I have not spoken to any reporter this year.
Could that be true?
Yes, they are not quoting anybody they were quoting themselves may be they have one imaginary Don Jazzy they were talking to or the other because the Jazzy they quoted is not me, I really do not speak to anybody regarding any situation or any issues, I have not put out any press statement saying whatever on this issue  so people just really assumed. They were quoting themselves.
Jazzy what lesson would you say you have learnt from your past experiences that may likely help you in this new movement?
DON:  They are not lessons that are new.  Change, like they say is the only constant thing in life and I  have just confirmed  again that really things happen, relationship ends, good things must come to an end they say, one will just try much as possible to see that good things that we have last for  long but sometimes they do happen we just pray GOD to help us live as  long as possible to see more of the good things than having the good things to end and then  because I  have already known there is nothing much to say now  about that past. Really, my entire mind is focused on moving ahead.
Basically to put up your energy to transform our future. We wouldn’t say we don’t have the memories of things that has happened but we just pray to God that as we are moving forward that such situations never occur again and we just pray for the best.
What do you think will change in your transition from MO’HITS to MAVIN? It has been a moving trend from MO’HITS to MAVIN, the only thing that has changed is the name
Don Jazzy Finally Breaks Silence: ‘My integrity was never damaged’ Part 1
Credit: OGBONNA AMADI, Entertainment Editor
Source The Vanguard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...